Proper Preparation of Food & Medications for Check In
The safety and health of our guests are top priorities. Providing lodging guests with the appropriate food or medications is essential to their care. It is important to note: Extra food will NOT be returned to you.
Please carefully follow these guidelines prior to Check-In.
Preparation for food from home:
- Dry kibble and raw food should be portioned per serving in a clear zip lock bag.
- Label each bag with Last Name, Pet Name and Serving Amount (ex: ½ cup), brand and type. You do not need to put a date or time on the bag.
- Provide enough cans and/or prepare enough bags to cover each meal during the lodging stay. (Do not send more than one or two extra serving for the stay since extra food is not returned.)
- If the proper serving is placed in the bag, then it will be served to the guest per the owner’s feeding instructions—see Feeding form.
Raw food must be portioned per serving. Raw food will be kept in the freezer and properly thawed in the refrigerator before serving.
This is an example of how the food should arrive and be processed at Check In:
- All forms—including Feeding Instructions—should be completed prior to Check In and will be reviewed with you by staff before Check In is completed.
- No food will be returned at Check Out—this includes opened packages of wet food or additional clear, portioned bags of dry kibble.
- Medications must be in original packaging or vet-practice prepared containers
- A label must include the Last Name, Pet Name, Medication Name and Dosing Instructions—see Medication form.
CHECK IN & CHECK OUT HOURS FOR LODGING
Lodging Check In
Mon. - Fri.: 10AM - 5:30PM
Saturday/Sunday: 10AM - 3:30PM
Lodging Check Out (with a scheduled bath)
Mon. - Fri.: 12PM - 5:30PM
Saturday/Sunday: 12PM - 3:30PM
Lodging Check Out (without a scheduled bath)
Mon. - Sat.: 8AM - 12PM
Sunday: 10AM - 12PM