The benefits of dog training in group sessions include convenience and value. Professional dog training offers numerous benefits to the dog and the owner. A small-group setting guided by a professional trainer offers a customizable program for the right price.
When a pet is properly trained, it shows that the dog is an important part of the family and that good behavior is expected and rewarded positively. The biggest benefit of dog training is that it teaches the dog who is in charge. You are the leader and the dog recognizes and respects your authority.
- Reduces family stress
- Reduces damage to your home and personal belongings
- Increases a sense of safety and security
- Creates a strong bond with the dog
- Reduces costs associated with owning a dog
- Improves overall quality of life in the home
Dog training should start as soon as you bring your puppy or dog home. Setting boundaries and encouraging good behavior reduces stress for the dog and the family, eliminates bad behaviors, and creates a positive environment for a lifetime of friendship.
Professional dog training in small group classes at Holiday House Pet Resort & Training Center are designed for success. Our professional training focuses on fostering confidence, respect, and trust between your dog and you through proper socialization and positive reinforcement. All training programs are individualized, which means our training is designed to deliver immediate and lasting results. Our group classes are fun and family-friendly.
Why this dog training class is right for you and your dog:
- Personal attention and the ability to ask questions along the way
- Small class size – 6 puppies or dogs and 2 trainers
- Value and convenience with the support and results you expect
- A solid foundation for basic obedience training to ensure responsiveness in any environment and to allow for more advanced training later (e.g. Adult I training, agility…etc.)
- Learn stress-free walking with your dog
Training objectives covered in Puppy I:
- Teaching and reinforcing your puppy’s name
- Socialization and introducing your puppy to new environments
- Manners & Boundaries—start your puppy on the path of good behavior while bonding with the family and encouraging a desire to learn
- Appropriate play and general puppy care
- Introduction to basic obedience and leash walking
- Fun and games
- Creating reliable basic commands including: sit, down, stand, stay, come, drop it, leave it
- Emphasis on improving focus and responsiveness with distractions
- Manners & Boundaries including specific advice on jumping up, running through doors, excessive barking, and other problem behaviors
- Loose leash walking
For more information on upcoming group dog training sessions at Holiday House Pet Resort & Training Center, call 215-345-6960 to register for a class or visit our Training Calendar for more information.
Super Fun Alert: Holiday House Pet Resort & Training Center hosts a Free Puppy Social Hour every Thursday—starting at 7:30pm for the summer months. The objective is to offer pet parents an opportunity for their puppy to be around other people and puppies in a safe environment, as well as offer pet care tips, best practices, and information on training.