Summer is here! Your vacation is planned, and Fluffy’s reservation for staying at the pet resort is set. Now what? The pet resort check-in process will be easier if everything that is needed for the stay is completed before arriving.
At Holiday House Pet Resort & Training Center, you can take advantage of our express check-in service with these four tips.
All the forms necessary for staying at the pet resort are located on our website. Things change–a new address or phone number, different food, or the addition of a medication–so forms must be filled out before each stay. Submitting these forms online ahead of your arrival will expedite the check-in process. Always confirm your contact information, emergency numbers, and email address. The staff will review the forms with you before check-in is completed.
Your time is valuable, and we want to help get your vacation started without a concern.
Vaccinations are important in maintaining the health of your pet and all of the other pets staying at a pet resort from illness. Your dog should be up-to-date on these vaccines:
- Canine Influenza (recommended)
Contact your veterinarian to make sure your dog or cat is up-to-date on vaccinations, and make an appointment if necessary. Ask your veterinarian to send Proof of Vaccination to the pet resort before arriving at the pet resort.
Holiday House Pet Resort & Training Center serves veterinarian-approved food. If preferred, our staff will serve your pet’s regular diet, but you must provide the food. For safety reasons, meals must be pre-portioned because food in its original packaging or a large container is not accepted. Proper portions for the length of the lodging stay are important since the extra food is not returned at check out.
- Each portion should be individually bagged in a clear, Ziploc-like baggie. If your pet eats twice a day, there should be two individual servings of food for each day at the resort.
- Each baggie should include the pet’s full name and the amount of food placed in the baggie.
- Do not date and time each baggie. Your pet will receive a serving of food based on your instructions.
If your pet is on medication, be sure to provide enough medication for the entire stay. Medications must be provided in the original prescription packaging with dosing instructions.
- Submit the completed Medication Instructions form before arriving at the resort; instructions will be reviewed during check-in.
- Be sure to place the package in a clear bag marked with your name and your pet’s name.
- For OTC medications and supplements, the original packaging should be labeled with your pet’s first and last name.
Remaining calm is the most important tip for ensuring a smooth check-in. Pets can sense when we are upset or stressed and will mirror our energy. The best thing you can do is remain calm and confident so your dog or cat will have a positive experience. You’ve chosen an activity package that your pet will enjoy, submitted the forms and proof of vaccination, and provided food and medications in the proper packaging. Your pet’s check-in to the resort will be quick and easy so the fun can begin immediately.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call 215-345-6960 to speak with a Reservation Specialist.