Activities for dogs and cats provide meaningful exercise and play. Staying active keeps your pet’s mind sharp and the body fit. Regular exercise and active play is essential throughout the year. Don’t let the cooler weather and shorter days decrease the amount of healthy activity your pet receives.
The benefits of being active include:
- Weight control
- Digestive health
- Restful sleep
- Being limber and agile
- Mental stimulation
- Positive behaviors
Keeping your dog or cat active can also benefit your wallet. Prevention of diseases through proper exercise and nutrition could result in savings over the lifetime veterinary care of your pet.
- Daily (leash) walks around the neighborhood or the park
- Nature walks or hiking trails are a great way to explore together—don’t forget to take enough water for you both and delicious snacks!
- Pull toys work the muscles
- Fetchor chase added after a potty break is rewarding and fun
- Hide-N-Seekmakes your dog work for treats
- Social play with other dogs at a daycare program or dog park provides free play
- Cat toys and a tree with a scratching post keep kitty jumping and running, and even a box or window perch will encourage your cat to explore and provide enrichment
There’s no reason your pet’s fun and exercise should stop while staying at a lodging facility. Research from the pet industry has clearly demonstrated that the more activity and human interaction pets receive, the happier and healthier they are when away from home. Finding a lodging facility that offers a variety of activities during your pet’s stay will ensure you and your pet have a positive experience.
“When guests of Holiday House Pet Resort & Training Center spend the day being active, we know they are happy and the atmosphere at the resort is calm. Having a great team of activity specialists means the pets get to see different smiling faces every day and spend quality time with people who love being with pets,” said resort lodging manager Kayla Mannion.
At Holiday House Pet Resort & Training Center, activities for dogs and cats provide exercise, socialization, one-on-one time with the staff, pampering in the spa, and relaxation. Activities for dogs and cats include:
- Playtime – ball throwing, rope tugging, Frisbee chasing, and other fun activities in our daycare program, a supervised small group setting, or one-on-one
- Nature Walk – brisk walk exploring 50 acres of woods, streams, and fields
- Business Walk – leisurely pace for a potty break on the grass
- Personal Time – for the dog or cat who loves hugs, kisses, petting, and lots of snuggling
- Clever Canine Sessions – unique enrichment program of purposeful activities like brain games and nose work added on to an activity package for dogs that benefit from a challenge
- Tuck-In Story – snuggling, cuddling, and a bedtime story at the end of a fun day
- I’m Having Fun at Holiday House! Photo – photo of your pet emailed to you while you’re away
- Gourmet Treats – special seasonal tasty tidbits, from beef stew to organic frozen yogurt
- Cozy Bed – upgraded bedding with extra thick fleece and high-molded sides for a secure feeling
Our feline guests enjoy their own activities including exploring on the cat tree, laser tag, feather wands, and organic cat nip toys.
Holiday House Pet Resort & Training Center wants every pet to have a positive experience. Customizable discounted activity packages make it easy for you to choose the right amount of activities and attention for your pet. Call 215-345-6960 for a tour of the luxury resort and to speak with a reservation specialist about which activity package is right for your pet.